The Land of Goraa
- Each character will speak their regional or racial tongue as their primary language.
- Each character will speak Merchant’s Tongue/Common.
- If your Int modifier is below 1, you are not literate in either Common or your regional or racial language. Take the higher of your Int or Wis and, for every bonus point, gain a language point. Language points can be used to select additional languages or literacy in already known languages.
- Half-elf characters can select Low Elven for 1 point and High Elven for 3 points. All other races must pay 2 points for Low Elven; they are not able to speak High Elven.
- Not all inhabitants of Goraa can speak Common, especially in some extreme rural areas.
- The feat Linguist is unchanged, in that the characters may choose three languages in which they become fluent. The only difference is that there are more than one human language.
The campaign will start in the Kingdom of Kalamar, but characters can be from virtually any region.
Regional Language Chart